Tuesday 28 September 2010

Dodgy Window Cleaner

Here's a report from a member in Edgware about someone who was probably a burglar. Most of these criminals are arrested as a result of a direct call to the police from members of the public so if this happens to you call the police on 999.
I just had a very strange chap knock at my door. When I answered it, he told me he was the window cleaner. I told him he wasn't my window cleaner and he told me "well this was the address he gave me". I asked him who he was and he mumbled something and walked off down the path. I then saw him putting a ladder up against next door (they are out). However, when a parcel delivery man appeared, he quickly took it down and went off down the road. He had no form of transport just a bucket and a ladder.

I mention this as not only did I think he was very suspicious but we had a very similar experience at my previous address and that "window cleaner" turned out to be a burglar who succeeded in breaking into two flats before being discovered by the porter!
Please remember that this is worth a 999 call particularly as we are approaching the seasonal burglary peak.

The Police are launching their new campaign today with their partner agencies. I will be sending you info on that as soon as we get it.

Paul Hammond, Barnet Boroughwatch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Barnet News